Disclaimer

The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Oct. 22/23rd 2013
Real life

Exactly a week from today we were planned to be sworn in as official Peace Corps Volunteers (we're currently trainees) but now PST has been elongated and we haven't been told when our official swearing in ceremony will be. My guess is that it has been pushed back to the beginning of December.

My body has learned a very interesting schedule which I'm trying to teach my body to stop. Every night between 3:30-4:30am I wake up and have to pee. Then at 5:30am I have to poop. It's become a habit but if my permanent site has an outdoor charpi/toilet, I'll have to start peeing in a bucket in my room. this is getting graphic so I'll stop.

I also continue to have absurd absurd dreams. I dream about people from home mixed with people I met in Nepal and the activity is always very wacky. 

Not much new has happened recently. Because of the upcoming Nepali elections we are sort of stuck in Sindupalchowk (our current district) and aren't free to travel unlike our previous plans had said. Lots of language class and not much else this week.

Love you all at home <3

Bora

PS- happy birthday Jacob Rivera! Look at that, another shout out.

1 comment:

  1. SO, I realize these posts were written a month ago. But I'm seriously enjoying reading them. Also, reading about your bowel movements is the highlight of my day. Keep up the consistent work Bora.

    ReplyDelete