Disclaimer

The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Oct. 13th, aaitabaar
Another day in Chhaap

Singing acapella to "My girl" in front of everyone in the village and dancing to Jessie J's "Pricetag" and then "Gasolina". 

It was yet another one of those, "is this real life?" moments in Chhaap town. We made an awesome realization though when we were dancing to "Pricetag". As we were listening to the music, it truly was our real life that we were singing. We don't need no money, we just wanna make the world dance.

Earlier in the morning I watched my family kill a chicken for their worship ceremony in my grandpa's bedroom. It was one of those moments that reminds you of that fact that our lives are temporary. It was disturbing. The chicken was definitely screaming shrieks of torture and before you know it, my grandpa is squeezing its blood onto the puja. Then we ate the chicken for dinner.

At night, I drank lots of weird corn based alcohol which wasn't all that bad. Afterwards I played Nepali card games with my two daais (big brothers) and their wives. It was fun hanging with a group of nepalis who are all relatively my age (I usually hang out with kids or adults). They were acting like stupid college kids which was hilarious. My brothers tried to feed our dog roksi (homemade alcohol). Then one of them was seriously trying to pull Joey Tribiani magic card tricks. He would hold up a card but bend it so much that it was obvious he could see it too. I laughed very hard. 

Eating all this crazy mess of meat has been treating my tummy funny, as it rightly should.

Love you and miss you all! I wish you all could've witnessed some of what I saw today. There was lots to laugh at and make fun of :)

Keraa syau maywa bhuikatahar suntala angur aap.

Love, 
Bora

PS- happy 24th birthday Charles Asamaphand!! I tried to call you but you didn't answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment