Disclaimer

The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Friday, September 27, 2013

To Zion

Friday, sept 27th (sukrawbaar)

I found out today that two people died in our area the night when the lightning was striking above us. That was some pretty terrifying real life stuff.

I, with some of the other trainees in Chhaap, ran into some tourists at the main bazaar area the other night. As they passed us we asked them in our Nepali children accents, "What tis  your name?" but I think they thought we were crazy. We think they were Aussies.

I got semi scolded again tonight for coming home late. This time I came home at 6:40pm. Oh nepal. I pretended like I didn't  know what they were saying to me when they said I should come home earlier, because I plan on coming home at about the same time tomorrow night.  Maybe I wasn't even pretending; who knows what they were actually saying to me. Maile bujhina!

This morning I woke up at 3:50am to get to the main office, aka the Hub Site, to use the Internet, to find that the Internet wasn't connected. We made it to the Hub at about 5:10am. The Internet didn't get connected until probably 6:30am. What a bummer that was. BUT I did take a shower there (a real shower!) with warm water (WARM water!!). Ah the simple things in life.

A greyish preying mantis fell on me today and I yelped like a little girl, which I kinda am so that's acceptable right? Just kidding, I'm a grown woman.... but I've been told I'm a hot mess and still a spaz. That title has been with me since elementary. 
And I still don't know what that really means but I'm crossing my fingers that people are laughing with me and not at me (you can lie to me if you need; spare me the broken heart).

Cold showers, warm beverages, stinky gas, flying bugs as toys= my new life.

Also, my current mailing address!

Christine Bora Lee
c/o US Peace Corps
PO BOX 15150
Kathmandu, Nepal

I'm getting pretty jealous of the postcards for the other volunteers, hint hint. ;) Miss you love you all!

Lastly, Last night I dreamt I was having dinner with my daddy. Then my mom came and gave him some rupiya (Nepali currency).   It was a nice dream. I love you dad.

And, I love you mom.
-Bora, aka sack.

Final update: my family has lice. Eggcellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment