Disclaimer

The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thursday

Thursday, September 26, beheebaar
Dogs, are just dogs.

I hate to use the word rape, but I gotta tell it like it is. I witnessed my dog get raped today. Remember when I said that nasty, black, sick looking street dog followed me into my house the other day (refer to my early post if not)? Well, it wasn't coming after me, but it was coming after our house dog, Popi.  As I'm coming down the stairs from my room today to leave for our training session in BagBazaar (a neighboring village), I see Popi getting raped by that giant nasty black street dog! I try to yell at it and scare it away but it doesn't work. I didn't know what to do cause I wasn't trying to pull it off and get bit. My Didi (big sister) then walks in from outside and sees the scene. She grabs a giant plank and smacks the dog on the back and tries to shoo it off. It tries to run off, but its wiener is stuck inside Popi. This was the most odd and saddest part. Poor Popi is yelping in pain and as the dog tries to run off, Popi is getting dragged behind him; they are butt to butt at this point, but this dog's weewee is stuck inside her! I couldn't stop staring. I had no idea what to do, which there was probably nothing I could do. The jeep was waiting for me so I had to leave and as I'm telling the rest of the trainees, two of the current volunteers tells me this happens all the time in some big cities.

Poor female dogs....

As for the rest of my day, I learned how to bake a cake inside a pressure cooker (hallelujah) and also got to eat Momos for the first time.  Lastly, the whole village (Chhaap) went on a freak out search for us five peace corps trainees who live here because we didn't get back from the main bazaars (Chautara) til 7pm
Yeah. 
My host family was on search and hunt mode and asking me why I'm coming home so late.
7pm.
I understand that it gets pretty dark by 7, but it was just too much. 
Anywho, it's just a different side of the world out here.

My belly hurts. I gotta go. 

Miss ya love you all!
-Bora

No comments:

Post a Comment