Disclaimer

The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

11/20/13 budha frickin baar mang
Gettin' in the way of what I'm feeling

So I've thought of this funny story I'd like to share.

Imagine, your at home having dinner with your family, lets say you have about 5-6 people altogether. Everyone's sat down and eating and talking. You're all talking about what you did that day, the latest happenings in the news, sports, politics, what you had for lunch, etc etc. Conversation is flowing, there's laughter here and there, but in the middle of the conversation some dodo at the table interrupts and says, "Food is tasty!". 

Well I'm that dodo. My new life...

The other day I was sitting in front of a pasal (shop) with two Nepali boys that I like. The younger one kept asking me to sing an American song for him. I told him to sing, which he did, so then I felt obligated to fulfill his prior request. I sang, "Quickie" by Miguel. 
;)

He thoroughly enjoyed it. So I sang it again, then one more time.

Bear, this next shout out is for you.
I don't know what it is out here that reminds me of Corebio, but I'm constantly reminded of our times driving around listening to Ke$ha, Katy Perry, and Rihanna on repeat on the radio, the 3:00pm traffic jam mix on 90.3/93.3 (I don't remember which one), being fatasses and eating all the free food we could get from vendors, then feeling bad about ourselves and switching to trader joes salads (and free samples). That job was the best and I miss it. I miss rich scientists, PIs, and researchers! And going to the beach after tag teaming a delivery, that was our life. Oh the good, comfortable life.

Someone tell Bear to read that cuz I feel he won't go out of his way to read my blog. Ha.
 
teehee,
Bora

3 comments:

  1. Haha! Rich scientists, PIs and researchers. They don't typically belong in the same sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha stop that Joyjoy you're making me feel estooopid

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL just read this a few months late. Thanks to trish for letting me know i got a shout out haha btw cool blog bro.

    ReplyDelete