Disclaimer

The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

11/18/13 what day is it?
You gotta read this one.

Chilly season is here. I remember when I was living in San Jose during the winter season and I would never look forward to taking showers because for that split second when the water is turned off and you have to grab your towel, you're freezing cold. Well Bora, who would've known that one day,for two years, you'll be taking showers in the winter with water just as cold as the air outside. Suck on that San Jose!
That last part was inappropriate I apologize.

My amigos went into the bazaar area today and they were asked by a lady where I was (we had met her last week). I thought, "how thoughtful of her". That is until I found out she said something along the lines of, "where's your Chinese friend?".
I'm not Chinese dammit!!

And then... It's always funny that the follow up question after I explain I'm not Chinese is, "do you speak Chinese?"
No I don't speak Chinese... because I'm not Chinese!!!

We are currently in our last week of language class. Woohoo! Our poor LCF (aka teacher) looks exhausted. I think we've pooped her out. Our language interview/exam is this Friday. The next day is our day off and the following day we leave to Kavre District where we'll be swearing in as official Volunteers.

Then we head back to Chautara to do some more training.. oh the irony. Only for a week though, and then we really ship off into isolation.

Why yes I am very nervous.

Nepali elections are tomorrow.

By the time I have Internet again everything I've just written about will probably be over.

And last but not least, Happy birthday Trishy poo :) I love you mama and I hope your janma din was fookin awesome. 

With love and cold wet hair,

Bora <3
The sack.

Ps- I'm currently wearing:

My underarmor leggings: thank you Jonina!
My REI wool socks: thank you Bear and Rjay!
My North Face jacket: thank you Trish!

No comments:

Post a Comment