Disclaimer

The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Monday, March 2, 2015

I got everything-I got you

I’ve been pretty sick the past couple of days.  That “rainy day” inside my body kinda feeling.  The feeling is probably being helped by the sudden storm that came about two nights ago.  With a swift and humongous crack of thunder, the storm came and has yet to leave.
So today after visiting the local school and a nearby village, I’m in my room listening to Jack Johnson.

The diversity of obstacles people face in Nepal continues to surprise me.  Leeches in the hills, mold during the monsoon season, the sweltering heat in the terai (southern flats), sharp cold (in the mountains in particular), unrelenting mosquitoes, flies, landslides, floods, avalanches, windy and difficult roads; it’s all in a day’s battle here in Nepal.

In other news, time is flying by and I’ve started a new journey in my mind: “OMG WTF am I going to do after PC”.  But worrying is unhelpful; whatever will be-will be.  I’ve been busy traveling for committee meetings (I’m a member of the Volunteer Advisory Committee a.k.a. VAC and the newly created IDIC or in short, Diversity Committee), Peace Corps trainings, prepping for our district GLOW camp (girls empowerment camp), finishing up my mushroom farming and improved cook-stove projects, and waiting ever-so-patiently for my SPA grant money to come in so I can start my proposed sewing training and community library project.  I’m also looking forward to vacations I have planned for May with other volunteers and also in August with my San Jose cuties!

In the meantime… Jack Johnson, take me away!

Love,
Bora

 PS- Thank you all who have supported my video of my Nepali little sister, Jhaga.  Cheers to Peace Corps Week 2015 and we can’t thank you all enough for the warm regards!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment