Disclaimer

The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Monday, November 3, 2014

On my bus ride today

On my bus ride from Butwal to Kathmandu...

a pig crossed the highway,
later a family of ducks,
then we passed a tribe of monkeys,
but before that we passed an elephant,
then I watched a lady carrying a very large bag of stuff using the side of her face,
then we passed a man beating a lady on the head,
and we forgot our bus conductor at a bus stop,
but he hitched a ride with a pick up truck and caught up to us and jumped back on,
then I almost got left behind after our lunch stop because I eat so slow,
and early on we passed a dead dog,
then at the tail end of our trip we passed another dead dog,
and we crossed the london bridge (said the nepali sign),
and I ate a cucumber from a street vendor,
and just before we entered Kathmandu we were passed up by a motorcycle gang with go-pro cameras on their helmets.

Definitely different from my bus rides in the United States.

1 comment: