Disclaimer

The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Just another post

I'm keeping busy with the reporting part of the job, finishing up my first draft of my VSA, or Village Situational Analysis, and my VRF, Volunteer Report Form (?).

Today in our kitchen as we ate our daal bhaat we were faced with new challenges that come along with the new warmer season, and the fact that our goat gave birth.  The battle began as we smacked around continuously to keep the new influx of flies (x34958769230840853e) off our food. Why are the flies not afraid of humans?  Then the two new baby goaties kept coming into the kitchen, also trying to get at our food. Cute goats, but they eat everything you don't want them to be eating.  It's always fun to compare Nepali home to California home and think, "why are there goats in the kitchen?". Ah the joyful varieties of life.

Overall, today was a very uplifting day.  I woke up and decided to go for a run through my village, as I occasionally do when I can bare the stares.  I'm thankful for that decision because as I began to cut across the khet (crop fields) I was stopped by a very kind didi (older sister, but she was really a mom) who was interested in me (being "non-Nepali") because her children have talked about me many times before.  Lucky for me, she was a community mobilizer for an NGO that works specifically in my district (kind of like a miniature state).  She told me briefly about some of the work she does and offered to show me around her office some time and have me be a part of the work she does.

........ sweet!

<3

1 comment: